Monday, July 3, 2017

things to be grateful for on a monday

1. Having a husband that works from home. I guess I should be thankful for his job, but I am thankful for HIM! He does so much to help out in the mornings and throughout the day. As a stay at home mom of 3 small children plus having an assortment of animals to care for, my to do list starts the second I open my eyes (mostly to the sight of India standing in front of me asking for a 'nana [banana]'). He gets up (most of the time) without a fuss and hops right into it with me, whether that means starting coffee, making the kids breakfast or letting Scout out and opening up the chicken coop. He also will make small appearances throughout the day to water the garden, change a diaper, take Scout and Avery for a walk. I am constantly in awe over the fact that this is our life! So grateful.

2. Realizing that I can knead bread with minimal effort with the help of my Kitchen Aid stand up mixer. Don't ask me why I have never used it to knead bread before, I am just glad that I have figured it out now! I predict much more homemade bread on our menus from now on, yes!

3. Homemade bread. Because well, its delicious.

4. Old Mother West Wind to get India down for a nap and the Ok To Wake Alarm clock to help keep Avery in her room while I get India down for a nap and the Tula to get Aspen asleep. Because Mama needs her quiet time...with green tea and that homemade bread that I cannot stop talking about.

5. Friends who point out poison ivy in our backyard and also identify rashes that are from said poison ivy. I wonder how long it would have taken me to figure that out this summer!

6. Plans for a fall garden! We are ready to dig up our daffodils and prepare the unused bed for lots of seed sowing this weekend! Kale, lettuce, radishes, garlic, onion, broccoli, arugula, beets, carrots....its going to be so good!

Happy Monday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

an update + garden thoughts

Hey friends! It's been a while since I have taken the time to visit this space. I think I should admit that the idea of blogging on any ...