Friday, July 7, 2017

things found on a notepad + thoughts about our home

Byron: You know what kind of bugs that I like?
Avery, 4: I like beetles, grasshoppers, worms, ladybugs....

::

We have seen turkeys, deer, bunnies, chipmunks and woodpeckers so far this year!

::

Avery, 4: Open your hand means hold your hand like you have a roly-poly

::

Also, I just wanted to remember that this morning was joyful because I was watching my family run around half naked (or in India's case...naked) in our backyard. I love that we have open space but also privacy. Sometimes I get so antsy to put down some roots, to finally have a home that is OURS, you know? But for now I am so happy that our impulse rental (we put down a security deposit before even walking through the front door but thats a story for another time...) has turned into a slice of paradise for us. I am so grateful to be right here, right now. I am also grateful that we get to experience the cycle of seasons in this home at least once more before departing. Although, not having a fire place during the winter is going to get old and fast!

Happy Friday friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

an update + garden thoughts

Hey friends! It's been a while since I have taken the time to visit this space. I think I should admit that the idea of blogging on any ...